2 Hour Advanced Driving Lesson
2 Hour Advanced Lesson, Cars & Light Commercials: In-car on-road session, 1:1 ratio; 2 hour duration, using your own vehicle* or our training vehicle#
Courses are run in Dublin, meeting point in Swords.
* Certain criteria, including criteria relating to vehicles provided by delegates, will have to be met to satisfy the requirements of our Health & Safety Policy Statement. Vehicles used must satisfy all legal requirements. They must be roadworthy, taxed and insured as appropriate with valid discs displayed as per current legislation. A valid NCT disc (if applicable) must also be displayed as per current legislation.
Your trainer will carry out vehicle checks prior to commencement of lessons to ensure legal compliance.
Lack of legal compliance will result is cancellation of the lesson with full costs to customer.
# our current training vehicle is a new Ford Focus Hatchback, Turbo Petrol Engine, 6 Speed Manual Transmission. Extra costs of €15 per hour will be applicable if you choose to use our training vehicle.
- Roadcraft techniques
- Police System of Car Control
- Commentary driving
- Smooth & accurate use of controls
- Appropriate gear selection
- High visual horizon
- Hazard perception skills
- Drivers’ signals
- Safe progressive use of speed
- Safe cornering
- Positioning for best advantage
- Vehicle sympathy
- Country Roads
What Are The Benefits?
- Demonstrable driving improvements reducing risk
- Reduced collisions
- Reduced insurance costs
- Reduced repair & maintenance costs
- Reduced downtime
- Enhanced driving style helping reduce driver fatigue
- Strengths as well as weaknesses and risks are established
- In-vehicle sessions
- Detailed report
#Colm Branigan reserves the right to cancel a course at short notice where he feels that safety may be compromised. e.g. due to adverse weather conditions. In this case a new appointment will be arranged for a replacement course at the earliest possible time to suit both attendee & trainer.